IMDEA Water, along with the rest of the IMDEA Institutes, will participate in the Madrid Fair for Science and Innovation, which will be held at IFEMA (Madrid) from March 28 to 31, 2019.
This is an event of popularization of science and citizen participation whose main objective is to disseminate, in the school environment and in society in general, scientific culture and research, promote scientific vocations by eliminating gender barriers, communicate science and the innovation that takes place in the universities, research centers and companies, stimulating interest and curiosity in the science of young people, and showing how science influences economic development and social welfare, fostering the competitiveness of companies through innovation.
IMDEA Water will be at the Fair on March 30 and 31. During these two days the Institute will show the research carried out and, in particular, will organize three activities in which it will show:
- How decentralized wastewater treatment works without energy cost through the use of electroactive microorganisms
- What are the systems for detection and evaluation of water quality in rivers and reservoirs using an intelligent method of remote data capture in real time (as an early warning system against algae and cyanobacteria)?
- Which are the biological indicators used in the evaluation of the ecological state of rivers and in the toxicity test of different chemical products.
The Madrid Fair for Science and Innovation 2019 is held in collaboration with IFEMA and it is part of the Education Week together with AULA and other initiatives related to education and innovation such as the International Postgraduate and Continuing Education Exhibition, the Schools Day, the RED-INTERDIDAC Congress, and Expoelearning held during these days at IFEMA.
When and where is the Fair?
- PLACE: Pavilion 5 of IFEMA
- DAYS: March 28 to 31, 2019
- TIME: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m