This new section has been created with the aim of offering information to support career development and encourage the use of self-diagnosis tools to advise employees working in the field of research.
The platform offers a diversity of content that will be completed and regularly updated. At the time of its launch it has the following sections:
- Resources to explore career options: Includes self-assessment and personal planning tools that researchers can use to improve their skills and design their own action plan. Information is also provided on the researcher career path at IMDEA Water and in Spain.
- Information for foreign researchers, such as the guidelines for the management of the mobility of the foreign researcher in Spain and the services provided by the Euraxess network.
- Finding opportunities through different job portals and useful resources for researchers in the search for specialized jobs.
- Tools for preparing the Curriculum Vitae.
- Information about useful transferable skills training for career development, as well as a suggestion map of minimum competencies that researchers must have at each stage of their career.
- Links of interest on mobility.
The launch of this platform is part of the tasks planned within the IMDEA Water’s Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) with which the Institute implements the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code, C&C). Specifically, this support platform responds to several of the principles included in the Charter and Code, such as, among others, support for professional development, access to career advice and access to continuing research training.
The development and selection of the contents has been carried out within the framework of the ODISEA working group, whose objective is to share good practices and design a common strategy for the development of the research career at each stage of the professional career of researchers. ODISEA is made up of the Carlos III University of Madrid (UC3M), the IMDEA Materials Institute, the IMDEA Water Institute, the Open University of Catalonia (UOC), the Madri+d Foundation and the Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ).