IMDEA Water Institute, committed to continuous improvement and excellence, has decided to apply to the EFQM Model 2020 to detect opportunities for management improvement. This Model is a globally-recognised practical framework for organisational change and performance improvement.
Starting from the principle that "what can not be measured can not be improved", EFQM Model offers an integral tool that aims to help organizations to know themselves better, to carry out an objective, rigorous and structured analysis of their functioning and, in consequently, to improve its management. This model establishes a framework that facilitates the organization's analysis of its management and the implementation of actions that allow it to anticipate changes in the local and global environment.
Among the values of excellence that IMDEA Water seeks and that this model measures are:
- Achieve success based on the talent of the people
- Create a sustainable future
- Develop the capacity of the organization
- Take advantage of creativity and innovation
- Support researchers and add value to collaborating entities and clients
- Lead with vision, inspiration and integrity
- Manage with agility
- Maintain outstanding results over time
IMDEA Water began to introduce quality models and tools in 2009 by applying the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers of the European Commission, which is now complemented by the EFQM system of the Management Excellence Club. This entity has granted IMDEA Water the Seal of Excellence 400+.